Part-time, 3 days per week. Reports to the Managing Director.
Z Space promotes a culture of inclusiveness, innovation, and community engagement for artists and staff alike.
- Manage day-to-day finance operations of a non-profit organization with an annual budget of $2 million, with functional responsibility for accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll (with class tracking and quarterly returns/tax payments), reconciliations, and grants accounting.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Manage preparation and filing of tax returns and government compliance forms.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the organization’s cash flow and financial status.
- Work with Z Space’s board of directors’ treasurer and Managing Director to provide financial report to the board at regular (monthly) and annual board meetings.
- Work with Grant Manager to ensure streamlined and complimentary processes for tracking grants.
- Assist leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Monitor and manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the Managing Director.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Propose finance and administrative systems to support program operations. Propose strategies and practices to enhance financial reporting.
- Work closely with Auditors in preparation for annual audit.
- Ensure compliance with funding sources and grant/contract reporting requirements. Prepare financial reports for grants as required.
Ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in non-profit financial management; will be an organized self-starter with positive energy; will be a team player willing to work as part of a small but mighty staff. The candidate will also have excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail; will have the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, creative environment; will be able to maintain schedules/deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Requires full knowledge of debits and credits in order to work through accounting of shows and closings and understanding of non-profit functional expense allocations. Must be proficient in QuickBooks, MS Word and Excel.
Part-time position. Competitive salary. Send letter (including salary requirements) and resume via email to: Managing Director, Shafer Mazow, firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accountant Search” in the subject line. No phone calls please. We are an equal opportunity employer.