House Managers require availability on evenings and weekends, with occasional weekdays for private and special events. House Managers have direct contact with Z Space patrons and supporters. The ideal candidate will have hospitality experience, ensure that all guests receive the highest level of customer service at all performances and events, and take pride in their work. Key duties include:
- Unlocking doors and turning on lobby and foyer lights at the proper times.
- Maintaining a clean, inviting, and professional atmosphere in all public areas of the theater and ensuring that that all areas are free of safety problems.
- Meet with ushers before doors open, assign them their positions and further explain their duties for the evening. Oversee the stuffing and distribution of programs.
- Coordinate with several departments of Z Space, including production, artistic, development, box office, and marketing on all events and performances.
- Seat latecomers and patrons returning to their seats during the performance using a flashlight and observing holding policies.
- Follow emergency procedures established by Z Space, handle all emergency situations affecting patrons and building while on duty.
- Remain in the lobby or theatre throughout the performances
- For shifts in Z Below, manage the bar and concessions stand.
- Complete the proper closing tasks after each event and email house reports to the assigned contacts.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com